What are the Essential Driving Tips for Back-to-School Season?
It’s that time of year again when parents and children are preparing to go back to school. Whether you’re a parent or student, it’s important to follow certain rules to make the commute a bit safer. With the safety of children a primary concern, we’ve enlisted a few back-to-school driving tips for parents and children in this Phil Meador Toyota blog post. Keep reading!
More Content for You: Where Can I Find the Best Dog-Friendly Restaurants in Pocatello, ID?
Back-to-School Safety Tips for Parents
- Know the speed limit.
- Drive slowly in the school zone area.
- Don’t drop or pick up children across the street.
- Avoid double parking near the school zone area.
- Don’t use your phone while driving in the school zone area.
- Avoid blocking a crosswalk as it forces children to choose the moving traffic area while crossing.
- Check if carpool works to pick up and drop off children.
- Keep an eye on crossing guards.
- Do not drive in the bus driver’s “blind spot”.
Back-to-School Safety Tips for Children
- Follow all traffic rules, signals, and pavement markings strictly.
- Always wear a helmet when riding.
- Buckle up your seat belt when you’re in a car.
- Always use sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Never cross in front of the bus.
- Always follow the signal of crossing guards.
- Always check for traffic when stepping off a bus.
- Keep five steps distance from the curb.
- Always look left-right-left for vehicles before crossing a street.
- Never run across intersections.
- Never push other kids when entering or exiting the bus.
- Stay in the bike lane whenever possible.
- Avoid using electronics while riding a bicycle.
More Content for You: 6 Best Pizza Places in Pocatello, ID to Satisfy Your Cheesy Cravings
When it comes to full car service, always rely on Phil Meador Toyota in Pocatello, ID. You can schedule your Toyota service appointment online. Don’t forget to check out our “Service Specials” page before visting our showroom.