The Toyota Corolla is one of the most popular sedan options and one of the best selling Toyota models. It’s no wonder it’s so liked with its enhanced handling and superb performance. While the performance is fun, there are several driver assistance safety features available through Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0. What safety features are available in the 2020 Toyota Corolla? Keep on reading to find out!
Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 Features
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection. This system detects vehicles and pedestrians. When it senses a potential collision, it will send out an audio and visual alert. If you do not brake in time, it will automatically apply the brakes.
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Using a radar and an in-vehicle camera, this will detect vehicles and their distance. This system will automatically adjust your speed as necessary. If you need to apply the brakes, it will send out an alert.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection. This system will take corrective steering action when necessary to keep the vehicle in the lane.
- Automatic High Beams. The high beams will activate at speeds above 25 mph and will use camera to detect oncoming vehicles. It will automatically switch between low and high beams.
- Lane Tracing Assist. This system will detect lane markings to keep the vehicle in the center of the lane.
- Road Sign Assist. Using a camera, this system will detect several different street signs and display them onto the Multi-Information Display.
Test drive the 2020 Toyota Corolla today
If you like the safety features of the 2020 Toyota Corolla, come down to Phil Meador Toyota to test drive it today. You can schedule a test drive ahead of time by filling out the form on our website. If you would like to learn more about this model, check out our blog or model research pages.